Skip to main content
Get Answers to Your Banking Questions
After You File a Complaint
Here’s what to expect:
For All Complaint Submissions
- We will contact your bank on your behalf if:
- It is a national bank, federal savings association, or an operating subsidiary of a national bank or federal savings association, and
- The issue falls under our jurisdiction.
- We will send you a letter summarizing the results within 60 days after we have a complete file.
- If our response to your complaint does not address your issue or you are not satisfied with the response, you can file an appeal.
If You Submit a Complaint Online
- We will send you a confirmation email immediately indicating receipt of your complaint.
- We will send you an acknowledgment email within 48 hours containing your assigned case number.
- If your submitted form authorizes us to communicate with your attorney or other representative directly, they will also receive the communications listed above.
If You Submit a Complaint by Fax or Mail
- We will assign you a case number.
- We will send you a letter that includes your case number acknowledging receipt of your complaint within five business days.