Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Customer Assistance: 1-800-613-6743

Get Answers to Your Banking Questions

I'm having a problem with the company that issued a gift card. Can you help me?

It depends on who issued the gift card.

If a national bank or federal savings association issued the card, you can file a written complaint with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency's (OCC) Customer Assistance Group. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) also accepts complaints about consumer financial products and services and when appropriate, the OCC may forward a complaint it receives to the CFPB. Your state attorney general's office or another agency in your state may provide consumer protection assistance.

Last Reviewed: April 2021

Please note: The terms "bank" and "banks" used in these answers generally refer to national banks, federal savings associations, and federal branches or agencies of foreign banking organizations that are regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC). Find out if the OCC regulates your bank. Information provided on should not be construed as legal advice or a legal opinion of the OCC.

Still need help?

Contact Us